2013 Disney Beer Tournament Round 3 (Sweet 16)
In just one week we’ve gone from 64 beers to only sixteen! Here’s the bracket as we head into the third round of the 2013 Disney Beer Tournament! Voting ends at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, March 27, 2013.
Let’s see who’s left in the Mickey region!
The first matchup pits the two remaining beers from the Germany pavilion against each other. Top-seeded Altenmünster Oktoberfest faces off against Hövels, the four seed in the Mickey region. Which German beer will prevail?
Altenmünster Oktoberfest or Hövels?
- (1) Altenmünster Oktoberfest (71%, 37 Votes)
- (4) Hövels (29%, 15 Votes)
Total Voters: 52
Abita Amber or Rogue Dead Guy Ale?
- (7) Rogue Dead Guy Ale (55%, 30 Votes)
- (3) Abita Amber (45%, 25 Votes)
Total Voters: 55
The Donald region is up next!
First up in the Donald region is a…
Unibroue La Fin Du Monde or Unibroue Éphémère?
- (4) Unibroue La Fin Du Monde (78%, 36 Votes)
- (8) Unibroue Éphémère (22%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 46
A third Unibroue beer has made it to the other matchup of the Donald region. Trois Pistoles faces Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA!
Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA or Unibroue Trois Pistoles?
- (6) Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA (60%, 29 Votes)
- (7) Unibroue Trois Pistoles (40%, 19 Votes)
Total Voters: 48
The Minnie region is next!
Abita Purple Haze or Guinness Draught?
- (4) Guinness Draught (60%, 30 Votes)
- (1) Abita Purple Haze (40%, 20 Votes)
Total Voters: 50
On the other side, the Three Philosophers from Ommegang have taken all comers so far, but Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale threatens to burn them up!
Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale or Ommegang Three Philosophers?
- (7) Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale (52%, 26 Votes)
- (11) Ommegang Three Philosophers (48%, 24 Votes)
Total Voters: 50
Last but not least, the Goofy region!
The most talked about matchup of the second round was definitely Unibroue Maudite and Chimay Blue Grande Reserve.
The ale on fire continues to burn, but only made it to the round of sixteen thanks to a favorable coin toss as Unibroue Maudite and Chimay Blue Grande Reserve were tied at the end of competiton! Will Bell’s Two-Hearted Ale be the underdog’s next victim?
Bell's Two-Hearted Ale or Unibroue Maudite?
- (4) Bell's Two-Hearted Ale (62%, 26 Votes)
- (16) Unibroue Maudite (38%, 16 Votes)
Total Voters: 42
The final match in the sweet sixteen pits last year’s runner-up, Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale, against Kona Longboard Lager, a Walt Disney World favorite. Who will emerge victorious?
Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale or Kona Longboard Lager?
- (3) Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale (67%, 29 Votes)
- (7) Kona Longboard Lager (33%, 14 Votes)
Total Voters: 43
That’s it for round three! Please vote by 5:00 pm Central time on March 27, 2013!